DETROIT (AP) — A prosecutor has told jurors that a Detroit police officer flunked his training when he fatally shot a 7-year-old girl during a raid in 2010.
Joseph Weekley is on trial a second time for the death of Aiyana Stanley-Jones, who was sleeping on a couch during a police search for a murder suspect. A jury couldn’t reach a verdict last year on a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
Weekley says his gun went off when Aiyana’s grandmother grabbed it. Mertilla Jones denies it.
There’s no dispute that Aiyana’s death wasn’t intentional. But prosecutor Rob Moran told jurors Thursday that Weekley shouldn’t have had his finger on the trigger when he and officers stormed the home.
Defense attorney Steve Fishman says Aiyana’s death was an accident — not a crime.
Yupp, you cannot be proud of your ancestor’s accomplishments, but you should feel ashamed of something someone of your race did few centuries ago. Liberal logic.
maybe those accomplishments and evils are related.
lmao! What is this, 2006? Janeane Garofalo memes? I’m dying.
conservatives on social media stay losing
Why are we not talking about Derrick Coleman????
- He’s been legally Deaf since he was 3 years old
- That’s 20 years
- He received a letter from a fan who’s also Deaf and he wrote back an inspirational reply
- He’s the first ever Deaf offensive player in the league.
- He’s also the first to score a touchdown
- In order to play football, he has to watch everyone else and move when they move, wear hearing aids, and he has to read Quarterback Russell Wilson’s lips in order to know what the play is, and he still manages to do it and do it well.
- He’s just an inspiration to me and a lot of others.
Who’s not talkin bout him? I love this guy
fuckin sick. high levels of sight, reflexes and reaction speed. superhero type shit right here
Ten years ago, Media Matters launched with a revolutionary mission: to systematically monitor the U.S. media for conservative misinformation every day, in real time.
Since then, we’ve worked with our online community (that’s you!) to win real battles in the fight for a better media.
And guess what? We’re not even close to done yet.
Let’s keep this fight going strong! Help celebrate our anniversary and donate $10 for 10 more years of media accountability.
"Django Unchained" actress Daniele Watts’ boyfriend throws her under the bus to police officer in newly release audio.
Can’t trust em man…
Hope she breaks up with his ass
rolls my eyes, it’s a misdemeanor to fuck in public, she did it in front of an office building and someone actually asked them to stop and they didn’t so her and her white boyfriend need to both sit down in the stupid section. How long did she know this man because clearly he ain’t here for her. He clearly just like that she will fuck him in public but he will be the same dude to be like our child is bi-racial and call the mother a nigger jokingly.
Look…. to me it was so obvious that he was a racist and unsupportive boyfriend even just based on the fact that he was snapping pictures and his silly blog post.
I can’t say I’m surprised. I hope she leaves him after this experience and chooses better next time.
Asked by Anonymous
1. All eyewitnesses agree that Mike Brown did not charge at Darren Wilson:
- Eyewitnesses stories
- 6 eyewitnesses say Mike Brown was shot with his hands up
- CNN confirms the accounts of the 2 construction workers who witnessed Mike Brown’s murder. Workers reported immediately that Brown had his hands up. (x)
- New video matches shot pattern audio with stories of eyewitnesses
2. Bring up Darren Wilson’s history:
- Darren Wilson roughed up man suspected of selling drugs in Feb. 2013 (Incident report)
- About Darren Wilson
- Darren Wilson has a history of racial profiling
- Attorney for Brown family blasts STL Post-Dispatch for their pursuit of Brown’s juvenile records. Editor responds, defends the push for records on Mike Brown because it’s “news”. Records on Darren Wilson however, apparently are not news.
- Was it legal for Darren Wilson to shoot Mike Brown?
- Only way Darren Wilson’s gun could have been wrestled over is if he had it already pulled out (x)
- Riverfront Times seeks juvenile records for Darren Wilson
- Open letter to the STL Post-Dispatch regarding the juvenile records of Mike Brown
- 5 reasons why black lives matter
Reminder: you cannot convince people who do not want to be convinced…some people do not want to be convinced racism exists (unless ofc it’s “reverse racism”) because honestly acknowledging systemic anti-Blackness in a zero-sum game world makes them less innocent and less meritorious, and some people simply won’t ever be convinced because they’ve been drinking White supremacy koolaid their entire lives and are desperate to protect that privilege even if it means engaging in hegemony, and still others will engage in arguments about race not because they don’t understand, but for no other reason than to have an excuse to spew their hatred under the guise of playing “devil’s advocate” or “honest debate”
And some people are just racist
Bottom line: Mike Brown was unarmed and was not a threat. Period. No White person in America would stand for Black cops shooting so many unarmed White teens with no immediate arrests and prosecutions
Darren Wilson needs to be arrested for murder and prosecuted immediately